FlowCaster Live Event Review captures SDI or IP signals simultaneously as high quality MXF files and as time code matched proxy MP4s. This way the creative team can get started working right away with the proxy MP4s from anywhere in the world, and use the decisions to create deliverable assets as the stream is being captured.
FlowCaster.live collaborative event review can use the MP4 proxies in real time, while still recording, to log and mark up the live event, or any part of the event that has already occurred. The proxy markers and all the collaborative drawings simultaneously show up in a panel in Premiere, or in Avid Interplay, for the editor to use to work with the high resolution, edit while capture, MXFs. The editor can then use the high resolution MXF to edit clips and packages based on the input of the group on flowcaster.live to be sent out for broadcast and delivery.
The FlowCaster live event review uses Drastic's Net-X-Code server system to capture the original signal. Net-X-Code is a distributed set or one or more servers, each capable of capturing 4 SDI/HDMI or 4 Video IP signals from RTP, UDP, SRT, RIST, RTSP, CDI, NDI or SMPTE 2110 sources. These sources are captured to local or network storage simultaneously as high resolution (MXF, MOV, etc.), and proxy resolution (MP4) files. These files can be used while they are still being written via MediaReactor plugins, OpenMXF support (Adobe and others), or via Avid Media Central/Interplay. The MP4 needs to be accessible by all of the participants in the live review/logging session. The high resolution file only needs to be accessible by the editor or other playout software.
The MP4 is loaded into a shared www.flowcaster.live session by one of the participants. It will then show up and be controllable by everyone in the session. As more participants join, more video chat windows, audio chat, comments and telestration is possible. The proxy file is then synchronously controlled by all the participants, and all comments and telestration are time code locked to the point in the file displayed when they are made. All these comments and telestration show up directly in Premiere, via our CEP Panel, or as a third monitor for Premiere/Media Composer, that is also time code locked to the media. This way the editor can use the ideas. comments and telestration made with the proxy to make editorial decisions and outputs using the time code locked high resolution files.
- Unlimited SDI/HDMI/IP record channels, using one server per four inputs
- Up to 8K captures with GPU, 4K captures CPU
- Video Compression: Uncompressed, DNxHD/HR, XDCam, AVC1, HEVC, AVCi, XAVC, ProRes, CineForm
- Audio Compression: Uncompressed, AAC, Opus
- Full Closed Caption capture and store
- Single HTML/REST control point for record setup, start, stop
- Everyone has comment, telestration, voice and video shared through the system
- Proxy file into a shared www.flowcaster.live session
- All files remain on your storage, and www.flowcaster.live session is encrypted, point to point, between the participants
- Number of participants only limited by plan and bandwidth
- Integrated Adobe panel for easy access
- Adobe OpenMXF edit while capture support
- Avid Media Central/Interplay edit while capture support
- Instant packaging from editor to high resolution files for air
Supported FlowCaster.live Workflows
- Live Edit Review: groups working directly with an editor in real time
- Live Event Review: groups working on live events for real time logging and editing
- Synchronous Collaborative Review: review files in sync, as a group
- Asynchronous Collaborative Review: individual review of a file