The synchronous collaborative review workflow lets an operator select a proxy file/timeline from any network storage that is available to all participants and share it with a group of participants so their input and feedback can be saved for later review and implementation.
The operator selects a proxy file/timeline from any network storage that is available to all participants and begins a FlowCaster.live session. All participants join the FlowCaster.live session. Any of the participants can play, pause, and seek the media, and commands will be duplicated to everyone in the session's players, so that they all remain in sync for everyone. As they work through the material, everyone can comment, add notes, emoji, and drawings collaboratively, seeing everyone else's feedback as well. The session can be saved and loaded into Adobe/Avid etc. By using this method, rather than the Live Edit Review method, creatives can work together to make decisions without tying up an editor to drive the session, and more efficiently realize their vision
Synchronous www.flowcaster.live is similar to asynchronous, but it allows a group of people to collaboratively control the session. The session starts by loading a previous session file into a www.flowcaster.live room, or loading a new MP4/RTIN file into the current session and inviting participants. The file then becomes the time code source for any comments, emoji or telestration. If others have previously worked on that file, their session can be loaded into the current session, and any new comments/telestration will be added to that session. Upon completion, the session can be saved and optionally sent to other reviewers.
- Normal MP4 (AVC1/h.264, AAC) files are supported, using absolute time code
- RTIN files add selectable multitrack audio (up to 32 tracks), time code and closed captions
- Each individual has complete control over the playback, seeking and pausing of the file
- Everyone has comments, telestration, voice and video shared through the system
- The comments, emoji and telestration are all locked to the time code of the file
- Number of participants only limited by plan and bandwidth
- Sessions, including all comments/telestration, can be saved and loaded
- Session data can be exported for use in Adobe, Avid, Resolve and other editing software
- The video file can be public, private, or even local behind a VPN. It does NOT need to be on a particular server
- All files remain on your storage, and www.flowcaster.live session is encrypted, point to point, between the participants
Other FlowCaster.live Workflows
- Live Edit Review: groups working directly with an editor in real time
- Live Event Review: groups working on live events for real time logging and editing
- Asynchronous Collaborative Review: individual review of a file
Trademarks, Registered Trademarks, and Copyrights
Avid Technology, Inc. - Avid Media Composer®, Avid MediaCentral®, Avid Interplay®, and Avid NewsCutter® are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Avid Technology, Inc. or its subsidiaries in the United States and/or other countries.
Blackmagic Design Pty. Ltd. - DaVinci Resolve, DaVinci Fusion, UltraStudio, DeckLink, Intensity Pro 4K, UltraScope, and RED are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Blackmagic Design Pty. Ltd. or its subsidiaries in the United States and/or other countries.
Drastic Technologies, Ltd. – trademarks specified here.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.