Various Drastic products support closed caption decode and display. Video I/O products such as Net-X-Code Server can capture and output closed caption information. MediaReactor can convert closed caption formats along with the video and audio files. videoQC (Pro level and above) can decode and display both 608 and 708 captions for preview and confidence monitoring. For some captions, default language/fonts can be set up, which are described here.
Here is the list of broadcast closed caption formats supported by Drastic products:
- MPEG-2 'user' CC (read)
- h.264/MPEG-4/AVC1 'user' CC (read)
- TS/MTS user and separate PID
- MXF SMPTE 436M (read/write)
- MXF Avid embedded CC (read)
- GXF SMPTE 360 CC (read)
- LXF Leitch/Harris CC (read)
- MCC files sidebar MacCaption/PC-Caption (read/write)
- SCC files sidebar MacCaption/PC-Caption (read/write)
- MOV SD/HD CC tracks (read, and write with a special setup)
- MP4 SD/HD CC tracks
- AAF Data Track for Avid Editors (read/write)
- N0 caption file for Grass Valley video servers (read/write)
Many subtitle caption formats are also supported for read and write:
- Avid Caption - txt
- Belle Nuit - stp
- Comma Separated - csv
- Digital Cinema 2007/2010 - xml
- EBU Sub Titles - stl
- Final Cut Pro - xml
- Final Cut Pro X - xml
- Flash - xml
- iTunes Timed Text - txt
- JSON (various) - json
- QuickTime Text - txt
- SAMI - smi
- SMPTE 2052 - xml
- SoftNI - sub
- Sony DVD Architect - sub
- Sony DVD - txt
- SubRip - srt
- SubStation Alpha/Advanced SubStation Subtitles - ssa/ass
- Swift - sif
- Timed Text - dxfp, ttml, xml
- WebVTT (Web Video Text Tracks) - vtt
- YouTube Annotations - xml
- YouTube - sbv
- YouTube Transcript - txt
Using the DDRConfig application, go to the Advanced tab and browse the XML tree to:
Depending on your default region, this should be set to one of the following to get the the correct fonts
- 0 - Latin (English, French, German, Swedish, Finnish, Hungarian, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, Czech, Slovak)
- 1 - Latin (Polish)
- 2 - Latin (Turkish)
- 3 - Latin (Serbian, Croatian, Slovenian, Romanian)
- 4 - Cyrillic (Serbian, Croatian, Russian, Bulgarian, Ukrainian) and Latin (Estonian, Latvian, Lithuanian)
- 6 - Greek
- 10 - Hebrew
Trademarks, Registered Trademarks, and Copyrights
ASSIMILATE® Inc. - Assimilate SCRATCH and Assimilate SCRATCH Lab are either trademarks or registered trademarks of ASSIMILATE® Inc. or its subsidiaries in the United States and/or other countries.
Avid Technology, Inc. - Avid Media Composer®, Avid MediaCentral®, Avid Interplay®, and Avid NewsCutter® are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Avid Technology, Inc. or its subsidiaries in the United States and/or other countries.
Belle Nuit Montage - Matthias Bürcher August 2000-2016. All rights reserved. Written in Switzerland. Starting 2016 Belle Nuit Subtitler is released under the GNU Lesser General Public License
Drastic Technologies, Ltd. – trademarks specified here.
Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft zur Förderung deer angewandten Forschung e.V. - EASYDCP is a trademark and brand of Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft zur Förderung deer angewandten Forschung e.V..
Google LLC – YouTube, Google, Google Cloud, Google.meet.com, and Android are registered trademarks of Google LLC
Grass Valley USA, LLC - Grass Valley®, GV®, the Grass Valley logo, and EDIUS® are trademarks or registered trademarks of Grass Valley USA, LLC, or its affiliated companies in the United States and other jurisdictions.
Harris Corporation - Harris, and Leitch Technology Corp. are registered trademarks of Harris Corporation
MPEG LA - MPEG LA licenses patent pools covering essential patents required for use of the MPEG-2, MPEG-4, IEEE 1394, VC-1, ATSC, MVC, MPEG-2 Systems, AVC/H.264 and HEVC standards.
Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers - SMPTE is a trademark of Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers.
SoftNI Corporation – SoftNI is a trademark of SoftNI Corporation
Sony – Sony DVD Architect, DVD, are trademarks of Sony Corporation and/or its affiliates.
Telestream, LLC - Telestream, is a registered trademark, and MacCaption is a trademark of Telestream, LLC
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.